Economics in Railway Business
Top up on your accounting skills to keep ahead in the railway business. Brush up your accounting and controlling skills to help ensure positive future financial results. From cost and performance calculation fundamentals to KPIs, learn how to understand important financial documents and use business plan instruments to your advantage.
- Learn how to read, understand and calculate key documents such as balance sheets, profit and loss accounts, financial reports and key performance indicators of railway companies and rail projects
- Acquire a good and sound knowledge of the basics of accounting and controlling
- Gain competence in examining operational and strategic financial challenges related to the railway
- Strengthen your understanding of the importance of investments and working capital
- Improve your business skills to ensure a more efficient and effective cost calculation and allocation in future
This course provides you with important accounting and controlling knowledge to help you aim for a positive financial result long-term. It leads to you being able to develop and improve your business skills, focusing on the basics of accounting and on profits and losses, to make the right financial decisions in future.
- Understanding the operational value chain
- Get an overview of the structure of the profit and loss account
- Understanding financial reports and balance sheets, importance of investments and working capital
- Rating and international accounting
- Fundamentals of the cost and performance calculation
- Operational and strategic controlling
- Get to know the business case and business plan instruments
- Introduction to statistics, key performance indicators (KPI)
- Overview of DB Group accounting, introduction to accounting
- Cost type / center and calculation
- Principle of order invoicing, cost allocation
Due to the ongoing COVID19 pandemic we currently do not have a fixed date for this classroom course. If you are interested in this course, please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org so we can plan the next steps with you.