Digitalization of Rail Assets
Sensors, smart infrastructure and digital tools help gain more efficiency in the hardware assets of the rail industry and provide a better service to the customers.
- Gain an overview of the technologies and tools for smart infrastructure and assets
- Learn about example cases of the Deutsche Bahn Group and other railways
- Reflect on possible example cases at your company
Rolling stock, infrastructure and technical systems are becoming more and more intelligent and connected, thus increasing the speed, efficiency and reliability of railway service. Cameras and microphones help us detect defects before they have bigger influences. The collected data from all those inputs can be analyzed to predict future occurrences and hotspots. And it can also be used in real time to monitor positions of goods. The resulting data can be used effectively and enable rail companies to become faster, more efficient and reliable in their service. New digital systems to monitor and steer rail infrastructure are changing concepts that have been in place for 100 and more years. Trains are beginning to drive on their own, even in free networks rather than just in closed subways or DLR systems.
In this course you will take a closer look at how real applications of the core technologies of digital rail companies work. Cameras and microphones detect future defects. Smart goods, wagons or spare parts send data and enable deep analyses. Track infrastructure is observed in real time and locomotives run automated without a driver. Spare parts are printed as they are needed. Blockchain is used to steer switches, signals and gates. Besides examining example cases of the Deutsche Bahn Group and other rail companies, you will also have time to reflect on sample scenarios for your own company.
- Optical and acoustic infrastructure monitoring
- Data as an asset: Analytics, big data and machine learning
- Smart infrastructure: Switch monitoring, smart scotch blocks
- Digitalized maintenance
- Automated and autonomous driving
- Blockchain for steering infrastructure
- Example cases of the Deutsche Bahn Group
- Scenarios for usage in your company
Show all dates
Show all dates