The Inner Workings of Metro Systems
The course objective is to build up know-how of the activities and equipment needed to guarantee the safety, the control and the monitoring of train and metro movements.
- Acquire a sound knowledge of the principles of railway / metro systems and the interdependencies of the different systems
- Broaden your understanding of the rules and requirements of operating a passenger railway by examining different types of international railway operation systems
- Gain valuable insights into how to move railway and metro vehicles efficiently and safely
Railway and metro systems play a crucial role in daily transportation worldwide moving millions of people around. Consequently, a key to success is understanding how the different operation systems function and where interdependencies lie. To be able to move railway and metro vehicles efficiently and safely it is important to know which rules apply and which equipment and activities are required to guarantee the safety, the control and the monitoring of train and metro movements.
This 2-week training provides you with four interactive sessions of 180 minutes each (2 sessions per week), in which you will gain a comprehensive overview of the principles of railway and metro systems in terms of operations. The sessions will include presentations by our experts, discussions, breakout sessions, live polls and other methods that will help you to get an insight into the operation of a heavy railway / metro system and the interdependencies of the different systems.
In addition to the online sessions, you will be required to also work on your own. You will be assigned self-preparation tasks, reading recommendations, quizzes and case studies to do independently. With this self-directed learning approach, you will deepen your knowledge about the characteristics, elements and benefits of the components of rail and metro transport as well as widen your technical terminology.
Week 1, Session 1
- Rail and metro systems: safety, management rules and regulations
Week 1, Session 2
- Principles of rail and metro operations and train protection control systems
Week 2, Session 3
- Signaling principles & basics of metro infrastructure and rolling stock
Week 2, Session 4
- Organizational framework and metro station elements and interdependencies
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR YOUR BOOKING
As part of our booking process, you will need to set up a My Academy account. Please note, if you want to participate in a course but need the invoice to be issued to your company, then registration must be made via company address. This means you need to register as a company. The registering entity and the recipient of the invoice must be the same. Please note that DB Rail Academy cannot amend any invoices after they have been produced! If you require any assistance with your booking, please contact us via email: email@example.com