Transport Planning and Design
This course makes clear that careful planning and design of a passenger transport system help to achieve a successful integration of all modes of transport.
- Acquire a good understanding of the tasks and dependencies involved in designing and planning a transport network
- Gain valuable insights into network planning concepts, operations and standards, and performance management
- Enhance your skills and abilities by learning under expert guidance how to design a network, implement planning approaches and evaluate performance with the aim of improving the quality of operations and meeting customer needs
Nowadays transportation companies require a service-oriented architecture that adapts to evolving customer needs. Consequently, transport planning not only means planning and designing services, but also analyzing the mobility chain in a customer-oriented way and finding (smart) mobility service solutions which also allow the customer to combine transport modes. Ideally, this leads to delivery of an efficient and effective transport service bringing a win-win situation for both sides.
This online course focuses on transport planning and how integration for all modes of transport is achieved through careful planning and design. It covers a wide range of aspects to be considered accompanied by practical exercises and case studies, so providing you with a comprehensive understanding of transport planning and design. By learning what to look out for when designing and evaluating a network, you will be able to enhance the quality of operations and performance in your own network.
- Principles and concepts of network planning
- Transport integration policy and planning
- Fundamentals of network design to include network modelling techniques and scenario analysis
- Network operations and standards
- Passenger stations and facility planning
- Service provision and reliability
- Network performance measures
- Operational and administrative evaluations and reviews
We currently do not have a fixed date for this online training course. If you are interested in this course, please contact us via email: email@example.com so we can plan the next steps with you.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR YOUR BOOKING
As part of our booking process, you will need to set up a My Academy account. Please note, if you want to participate in a course but need the invoice to be issued to your company, then registration must be made via company address. This means you need to register as a company. The registering entity and the recipient of the invoice must be the same. Please note that DB Rail Academy cannot amend any invoices after they have been produced! If you require any assistance with your booking, please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org