Online Training Fundamentals of Rail Electrical & Power Engineering
Understanding the principles of Rail Electrical and Power Engineering and the requirements of overhead catenary systems helps to ensure safety in electrical systems.
No prerequisites or pre-knowledge necessary
- Familiarize yourself with and broaden your knowledge about the principles of Railway power generation & distribution and the requirements of overhead catenary systems
- Gain a good understanding of the principles and prerequisites of Rail Electrical & Power Engineering
- Improve your awareness for the challenges and their implications in this area by looking closely at the aspect of safety in electrical systems and possible solutions
Rail Electrical & Power Engineering covers the design, development, production and testing of electrical devices, systems and equipment related to the rail industry. This includes communication systems, power generators, motors, navigation and electrical systems. As railways are continuously expanding and technology constantly changing, it is important to keep up with these changes and know what challenges lie ahead to be on the safe side.
This online training provides you with an overview of the principles of railway power generation & distribution informing about different power supplies and energy systems. Furthermore, it looks closely at the requirements of overhead catenary systems and includes insights into all properties and materials for the correct dimensioning of the overhead catenary. Moreover, it explains and examines safety in electrical systems increasing your awareness for this matter.
- Information about traction power supply and energy systems
- Central / decentralized rail power supply
- Advantages / disadvantages of the energy systems
- Supply of the overhead catenary / Power supply areas
- German Railway Guideline Ril 9970301
- Consideration of all properties and materials for the correct dimensioning of the overhead catenary
- Construction and components of the overhead catenary line systems
- Terms, construction methods, components, laws & regulations
- Safe work (DIN VDE)
- Electrical systems for rescue workers
- Reflection on the system of electrical engineering and deduction of further challenges
DB Rail Academy focuses solely on offering training courses to larger groups from companies. If you and your company are interested in this course, please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org so we can plan the next steps with you.