Trial Operation Fundamentals
This course explains the fundamentals of implementing a trial operation with no clients before commercial service and the advantages it brings before the final commissioning.
No prerequisites or pre-knowledge necessary
- Learn how to implement a Trial Operation Plan and how to carry it out successfully
- Understand the importance of and the opportunities given by a Trial Operation prior to commercial operation
- Broaden your knowledge of how to evaluate and improve a railway operation from the very beginning
The Trial Operation Process is a key activity for any railway. This process will assure that a whole completely new line or the integration of a new subsystem into the line, will function as designed, with no disruptions, interferences or problems.
In this online course you will learn from real experience the complete Trial Operation Process. Starting with how a railway is the integration of a bunch of diverse subsystems, you will move on to look at the identifícation and management of the interface between those subsystems. Furthermore, you will examine how the trial operation should be implemented for a smooth operation. At the same time, you will gain an understanding of the main subsystem interfaces for metro systems, main and regional lines, commuter trains, light rail and freight. You also will learn how to manage the many different stakeholders that take part in the trial operation process.
- The necessity for Trial Operation Process
- The integration of railway subsystems as a functional transport system
- Kinds of trial operation: regular, degraded mode and stress mode
- Roles and responsibilities in a trial operation project
- Managing systems, subsystems and interfaces
- Evaluating risks and making contingency plans for each interface
- Lessons learnt from the Trial Operation Process
DB Rail Academy focuses solely on offering training courses to larger groups from companies. If you and your company are interested in this course, please contact us via email: email@example.com so we can plan the next steps with you.