Rolling Stock Fundamentals
Develop your competence in the area of rolling stock and vehicle technology. Understand the technical complexities and importance of reliability and maintainability of rolling stock to find sustainable solutions in future. Enhance performance and profitability.
- Enhance your knowledge of the fundamental concept of rolling stock and its sub-systems
- Gain a good understanding of the technical complexities, costs, reliability and maintainability of rolling stock
- Improve your awareness for the implications of management challenges in this area and increase your ability and confidence to act by examining possible solutions
This course provides you with a comprehensive overview of the principle elements of rolling stock, the basics of vehicle technology, and technical considerations specific to the mode of transport and element of rolling stock. Furthermore, it looks at traction systems, explains fundamentals of electrical engineering and electronics, and includes insights into reliability and management challenges. It leads to you being able to develop an understanding of the technical complexities, costs, reliability and maintainability of rolling stock.
- Basic elements of rolling stock
- Short history of the railway traction design
- Terminology for railway transport traction systems and their components
- Basic electric and electronic engineering as found in traction systems
- Technical consideration of a specific element of rolling stock
- Traction basic physics
- Electric traction and sources
- Undercarriage principles and science
- Management challenges
Due to the ongoing COVID19 pandemic we currently do not have a fixed date for this classroom course. If you are interested in this course, please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org so we can plan the next steps with you.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR YOUR BOOKING
As part of our booking process, you will need to set up a My Academy account. Please note, if you want to participate in a course but need the invoice to be issued to your company, then registration must be made via company address. This means you need to register as a company. The registering entity and the recipient of the invoice must be the same. Please note that DB Rail Academy cannot amend any invoices after they have been produced! If you require any assistance with your booking, please contact us via email: email@example.com