Online Training ETCS Fundamentals
The European Train Control System (ETCS) is a new common train protection system, which ensures increased safety and higher train frequency on the tracks.
No prerequisites or pre-knowledge necessary
- Broaden your knowledge of the entire system of European Rail Traffic Management System (ERTMS)
- Acquire a good understanding of the most important components of European Train Control System (ETCS)
- Gain valuable insights into different ETCS levels and operating modes
A solid technical understanding of the European Rail Traffic Management System (ERTMS), particularly the European Train Control System (ETCS) is important for those working in maintenance, infrastructure, and operations to comprehend the interactions of the main components.
This online training gives you an introduction to ERTMS/ETCS and you will learn about the most important vehicle and trackside components. It leads to you becoming familiar with the technical components of ETCS taking into account the basics of ETCS levels and operations. This new and common train control system is not only known across Europe, but also in the meantime recognized worldwide and helps to ensure a higher level of safety and enhance capacity.
- Historical and general information about ERTMS/ETCS
- Command-control and signalling
- ETCS Levels and operating modes
- ETCS trackside components
- ETCS vehicle components
- Radio transmission and use of GSM-R communication
- ETCS operations
To enhance your knowledge and skills further in the area of ERTMS/ETCS related to a specific field, we will be offering specialized courses soon.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR YOUR BOOKING
As part of our booking process, you will need to set up a My Academy account. Please note, if you want to participate in a course but need the invoice to be issued to your company, then registration must be made via company address. This means you need to register as a company. The registering entity and the recipient of the invoice must be the same. Please note that DB Rail Academy cannot amend any invoices after they have been produced! If you require any assistance with your booking, please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org