Understanding Travel Behavior - Transport Policy and Planning
Evaluating and monitoring travel behavior and its wider impacts is key to planning effective transport systems and policies and adapting to change and modal shift.
- Raise your awareness of the greater impacts of travel behavior for transport policy and planning
- Learn more about travel behavior theories and techniques of behavior change in different contexts in connection with the choice of route and mode and the decision to travel
- Gain valuable insights into requirements for a successful implementation of travel behavior change programs and modal shifts
People’s travel behavior and routines are continuously changing and have diverse impacts on a wide range of areas including energy security, climate change and public health. Being able to understand this is important as it helps governments and transport companies around the world to plan effective transport systems and policies and help to create healthy urban environments, support economic growth and reduce congestion.
This online course aims to show you why and how understanding travel behavior is making an important contribution to tackling some of today’s global issues. Besides looking at principal theories of travel behavior and behavior change, you will learn more about the application of research techniques to monitor and evaluate transport plans and strategies. Moreover, by examining international case study examples of travel behavior change programs and modal shift in practice you will gain valuable insights into what is needed for an effective and successful implementation of such.
- The importance of understanding travel behavior for transport policy and planning
- The greater impacts of travel behavior
- Principal theories of travel behavior, and behavior change
- The social and political context of travel behavior change
- Techniques of behavior change in different contexts, e.g. workplace, neighborhood/settlement, new developments, as applied to the choice of route and mode and the decision to travel
- Application of research techniques to monitor and evaluate transport plans and strategies
- International case study examples of travel behavior change programs and modal shift in practice
DB Rail Academy focuses solely on offering training courses to larger groups from companies. If you and your company are interested in this course, please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org so we can plan the next steps with you.