(Last modified 05.2020)
Thank you for your interest in DB Rail Academy and our training offers!
With this data protection notice we would like to inform you about the use of your personal data when you inform yourself about the training offers of the DB Rail Academy, or respectively trainer (m/f/d) positions, or when you book a DB Rail Academy training course and thus conclude a contract with DB Engineering & Consulting GmbH (DB E&C) for the provision of training services, on our website: www.deutschebahn.com/rail-academy.
Here you will find information about which data we collect from you, how we use it and how you can object to its use.
Who is responsible for data collection and processing?
DB Engineering & Consulting GmbH, EUREF-Campus 14, Torgauer Str. 12-15, 10829 Berlin, Germany is responsible for collecting and processing your data.
Ms. Chris Newiger is the designated Data Protection Officer.
If you have any questions or suggestions about data protection, please contact the data protection team of DB Engineering & Consulting GmbH at the following address:
DB Engineering & Consulting GmbH,
Torgauer Str. 12-15,
What data do we collect and how and why do we process your data?
We collect and process your data only for specific purposes, which can be due to technical reasons, contractual requirements or explicit user requests.
- For technical reasons, certain data must be collected and stored when you visit the website www.deutschebahn.com/rail-academy, such as the date and duration of the visit, the web pages used, the identification data of your browser and type of operating system used, information on the website via which you were routed to our site, and your IP address.
- The legal basis for the processing of your data is Article 6 (1) (f) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the legitimate interest of DB Engineering & Consulting GmbH, to ensure the functionality of the website and to optimize it.
- You have the possibility to contact us by e-mail at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The data that you provide when contacting us (e.g. e-mail address, and if given also title, first and last name, telephone number, address, place of residence) will be stored for as long as necessary for the purpose of establishing contact and solving the request.
- The legal basis for the storage of your contact details is Article 6 (1) (f) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the legitimate interest of DB Engineering & Consulting GmbH to enable an answer to your request.
- Please note that the transmission of data and e-mails on the Internet is normally unencrypted and therefore not protected from unauthorized access. Since the confidentiality of the information transmitted during transmission is not guaranteed when you contact us by e-mail, we therefore recommend that you send confidential information only by letter.
- Our free newsletter informs you regularly by e-mail about new products, special offers and developments. If you register for our newsletter, the following mandatory data is required:
- E-mail address
- We will only use the e-mail address you enter within the scope of this registration to send the newsletter to you. For this purpose, you must enter your e-mail address and confirm your consent to the sending of the newsletter as well as the information on your consent.
- By ordering our newsletter, you confirm that you would like to receive it in the future at the e-mail address you have provided.
- For the purpose of verification, you will receive a separate e-mail with which you must confirm your newsletter subscription. You will not receive any newsletter without this reconfirmation and your e-mail address will not be saved. Your consent is used as a legal basis in accordance with Article 6 (1) (a) and Article 7 (consent) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Your consent is voluntary and can be withdrawn at any time.
- When you register for a newsletter, we store the IP address assigned by the Internet Service Provider (ISP) to your end-user device used at the time of registration, as well as the date and time of registration. The collection of this data is necessary in order to trace (possible) subsequent misuse of the e-mail address of the person concerned and it therefore serves our legal protection.
- You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the newsletter or revoke your consent by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Presentation of the trainers (m/f/d) on our website
- To present our DB Rail Academy experts on our website we require information. We would like to publish your short profile as a trainer (m/f/d) with first and last name, photo, current professional position and short CV on our website. We will obtain your consent for this. Your consent is used as a legal basis in accordance with Article 6 (1) (a) and Article 7 (consent) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Your consent is voluntary and can be withdrawn at any time with effect for the future.
Registration and booking of a training course
- We offer both classroom and online training courses. These courses can be booked via the DB Rail Academy website.
- For the fulfillment of the relevant contract, we require personal information from you. This data is needed to make bookings, process payments, to make any postal deliveries to the specified address and, if necessary, to process any cancellations and refunds.
- For the registration and booking of a training course on the DB Rail Academy website we process the following personal data:
- First and last name
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
- Company (if applicable)
- Address of place of residence, or respectively company address (street / house number, city, state, postal code, country)
- If applicable, different billing address
- IP address, respectively the IP address of the Internet Service Provider
- Access date and times
- When processing personal data required for the fulfillment of a contract with you, the contract is the legal basis in accordance with Article 6 (1) (b) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This also applies to processing operations that are required to carry out pre-contractual measures, for example in the case of enquiries about our products and services.
- If our company must process personal data to comply with legal obligations, for example to fulfill tax obligations, the legal basis for the processing is Article 6 (1) (c) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Participation in an online training course
- After successful booking and payment of the online training course via the DB Rail Academy booking platform, the contractual service provision of the respective online training course or the individual sessions booked by you takes place with the virtual classroom tool Webex Training from Cisco Systems.
- When participating in online training using the virtual classroom tool Webex Training, the following data is processed:
- First and last name
- E-mail address
- Content data of the respective session
- The administrative operation, such as the scheduling of online trainings, is carried out by the DB Rail Academy Service Manager. You will be invited as a participant to the respective session of the online training by e-mail with an invitation link.
- When the trainer (m/f/d) ends the session, the online training is finished and all session data is automatically deleted.
- The legal basis when processing personal data required in connection with the implementation of online training is Article 6 (1) (b) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
How long is your data stored?
We only store your data for as long as necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected (e.g. to answer to your request) or to comply with legal requirements. Thus, in the context of a contractual relationship, we store your data until full and final completion of the contract. Thereafter, the data will then be stored for the statutory storage period.
The data we process for technical reasons will be deleted after expiry of the intended use.
The server log files are stored for two weeks and then deleted. The storage takes place for legal reasons, in order to be able to clear up e.g. cases of misuse of data. If data has to be stored for reasons of proof, it will be deleted after final clarification of the incident.
If you communicate your contact data and your request to us by e-mail, these data will be stored for as long as is necessary for the purpose of establishing contact and solving the request.
If you have registered to receive the newsletter, your data will be stored for as long as you wish to receive the newsletter. After unsubscribing to the newsletter, we will delete your data within two weeks, as long as there are no legal storage obligations.
Do we share your data with third parties?
For the operation of this website we need to involve external service providers, such as data center service providers, printing or shipping service providers or other parties involved in the performance of the contract.
The external service providers, that we hire to process data are carefully selected and subject to strict contractual obligations. The service providers work according to our instructions, which is ensured by strict contractual regulations, technical and organizational measures, as well as supplementary checks and controls.
A transfer of data may be necessary, for example, for the purpose of contract implementation.
External trainers (m/f/d)/training providers receive the data required in the course of contract processing, e.g. participant lists including contact data.
The virtual classroom tool Webex Training is used for the implementation of online training. When using the virtual classroom, your data will be passed on to DB Systel GmbH as operator of the Webex Training software.
In order to fulfill the contract, your data must be transferred to the country in which the training service is provided. This can also be third countries outside the European Union or the European Economic Area (EU/EEA).
There is an equivalent level of data protection within the EU/EEA. However, please note that countries outside the EU/EEA may have a different level of data protection, which may be lower. Even within the EU/EEA, despite the equivalent level of data protection, individual data protection requirements may differ. Please be aware of this when selecting the location for the provision of the training service.
What rights do users of dbrailacademy.com have?
You can request information to find out what information is stored about you.
You may request the correction, deletion and restriction of the processing (blocking) of your personal data as long as this is legally permissible and possible within the framework of an existing contractual relationship.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The supervisory authority responsible for DB Engineering & Consulting GmbH is:
Berliner Beauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit, Friedrichstr. 219, 10969 Berlin, Germany, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to portability of the data which you have provided to us based on a declaration of consent or under a contract (data portability).
Withdrawal of consent
If you have given us your consent to data processing (e.g. for newsletter subscription), you can withdraw it at any time by the same means by which it was given. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Right of Objection
You can object to the data processing for reasons arising from your particular situation, if the data processing is based on our legitimate interests or is necessary for the performance of public tasks.
If we process your data for the purpose of direct advertising, you may object to this promotional approach at any time with future effect.
To exercise your rights, simply write to us at the following address:
DB Engineering & Consulting
DB Rail Academy
Torgauer Straße 12-15
or by e-mail to: email@example.com
Are cookies used?
Cookies are small text files used to store personal data. Cookies can be sent to this website when it is called, to enable the user to be identified. Cookies help to simplify the use of Internet pages for users.
We distinguish between cookies that are for the technical functioning of the website and cookies that are not mandatory for the technical functioning of the website and the Learnsmarter booking platform.
We want to give you the option of making an informed decision for or against using cookies that are not essential for the technical functions of the website and the Learnsmarter booking platform. Please note that rejecting cookies designed for advertising purposes means that any advertising you receive will not be as closely tailored to your interests as would otherwise be the case. The use of this website in its entirety will not be affected by this.
This is a notification of how and in what manner cookies are used on our sites:
Generally speaking, it is possible to use www.deutschebahn.com/rail-academy and the Learnsmarter booking platform without cookies that serve no technical purpose. This means that you can prevent browser tracking by cookies (do-not-track, tracking protection list) or block storage of third-party cookies. In addition, we recommend checking the saved cookies regularly unless they are expressly requested.
Please note that when you delete cookies, you are also deleting any opt-out cookies. This means you must opt out again.
Cookies that are not mandatory for the use of the site:
These are cookies which enable us to analyze the user behavior of visitors to our website. These include the time spent visiting the website, the number of page visits, a random ID and opt-out cookies for the analysis function (Matomo, (formerly Piwik)/DB WAS).
Further information on the use of the web analysis service Matomo/DB WAS can be found under the following point: Use of web analytics services.
Use of web analytics services
We use the analytics tool Matomo (formerly Piwik)/DB WAS on our website to analyze the use of our website and continuously optimize it. The statistics obtained will enable us to improve our services and make them more interesting for you as a user. Small text files (cookies) are used to store information about how you use our website, including your IP address. This data is anonymized and stored on our servers.
These cookies are stored for a maximum of one week.
The legal basis for the use of Matomo (formerly Piwik)/DB WAS on our website is Article 6 (1) (f) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Your deactivation options:
If you do not agree with the analysis of your usage behavior, you can adjust your browser at any time to prevent analysis cookies from being set. You can also decide here whether a unique web analysis cookie may be stored in your browser in order to enable us to collect and analyze various statistical data.
You have the possibility to prevent that actions you have taken here are analyzed and linked. This will protect your privacy, but also prevent the owner from learning from your actions and improving the usability for you and other users.
Please note: If you delete all your cookies, the deactivation cookie will also be deleted. This means that you will have to reactivate your objection to the analysis of usage behavior.
Last modified May 2020